WHAT WE TAKE
SCRAP METAL • FULL CAR BODIES • CONTAINER DROP OFF
That pop can that you’re drinking out of has probably been recycled. That beer you had at the lake over the weekend?
Probably Recycled, too!
The earth has a finite number of natural resources, and the recycling of metal goods helps turn that old aluminum can into a brand new beverage can, ready for you to enjoy.
At Lakeside Auto Recyclers, we’re happy to be doing our part. We want your Scrap Metal, Full Car Bodies and Container Drop Offs!
SHRED THE WORLD!
MATERIALS WE CANNOT TAKE
IN THIS CASE... PLAYING BY THE RULES REALLY MATTERS!
This is a list of scrap metal items that we can and cannot take. Bringing in any unacceptable items could create serious safety and environmental concerns for you and our crew! Thank you from all of us at Lakeside.
Thank you from all of us at Lakeside.
WHAT WE TAKE !
- Above and Under Ground Tanks Must have a minimum of 3-foot square hole at both ends and be thoroughly cleaned of liquids and gases prior to delivery. Must be odor-free
- Aerosol Cans Must be empty and punctured, cut or crushed
- Aircraft Material Must be verified free of radioactive sources and contain no aluminum/lithium alloys or chemical residues
- Barrels, Drums, and Other Containers Accepted as long as they have no hazard or warning labels. “Certified Clean.” No non-metal residual materials or fluids. Must have lids removed or be cut in half prior to delivery
- Compressed/Liquefied Gas Cylinders and Vessels If segregated, valves removed, depressurized, and rendered unusable
- Dross, Metallic Must have certification and documentation that the dross is not hazardous and has been managed in compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Gauges and Measuring Devices Must be verified free of radioactive sources
- Heaters, Oil-Filled Space/Portable Pre-1980 Must be drained of free-flowing oil and did not contain oil containing greater than 50 ppm PCB. No fluids will be accepted
- Household Appliances (White Goods) We accept refrigerators, dryers, dehumidifiers, air conditioners, commercial coolers, dishwashers, furnaces, freezers, clothes washers, hot water heaters, kitchen ranges/ovens, thermostats, drinking fountains, light fixtures, trash compactors, vending machines. All fluids must be drained. No sodium chromate, ammonia, or asbestos containing appliances. No microwaves or televisions accepted
- Hydraulic Equipment Accepted if it is labeled “No PCBs” or documentation supports that it is less than 50 ppm PCB concentrations
- Lighting Fixtures, Outdoor and Industrial/ Commercial Must be free of capacitors or ballasts with PCB concentrations greater than 50 ppm and no bulbs
- Military and Government Scrap Must have certification statement stating scrap to be free of explosive, radioactive, and hazardous materials
- Natural Gas Pipeline System Components Must have documentation in accordance with TSCA regulations supporting that PCB concentrations are less than 50 ppm
- Paint Cans Must be open, empty, and dry
- Pumps Must have documentation in accordance with TSCA regulations supporting that PCB concentrations are less than 50 ppm and free of mercury
- Shells, Munitions Only discharged or spent brass shells or munitions casings will be accepted. No live ammunition or weapons
- Transformers Must have documentation in accordance with TSCA regulations supporting that PCB concentrations are less than 50 ppm
- Vehicles MUST HAVE TITLE. No fluids accepted. Vehicles must be free of mercury switches, batteries, refrigerants, antifreeze, fuel, and oil
- White Goods (See Household Appliances) Must be drained of all fluids. No microwaves or televisions accepted
- Wire/Cable Must be free of asbestos and PCBs
WHAT WE DON'T TAKE !
- No Asbestos-Containing Scrap
We do not accept furnaces, pipes, or building materials
- No Beryllium
- No Capacitors
Only accepted if it is labeled “No PCBs” or documentation supports that it is less than 50 ppm PCB concentrations
- No Compressed Gas Cylinders that are Sealed
We do not accept sealed or uncut aerosols, acetylene/propane/etc., fire extinguishers, air compressors, or unprocessed LP Tanks
- No Explosives
We do not accept weapons, “live” ammunition, or frac pipe
- No Flammable Materials or Free Flowing Liquids
We do not accept gases & fuels (combustibles), wet paint cans, cutting fluids, refrigerant, oils or other fluids
- No Hazardous Materials
We do not accept asbestos, airbags, refrigerants, sealed drums, corrosives or toxic waste
- No Hazardous or Toxic Waste
- No Lead-Painted Scrap
- No Magnesium Turnings
- No Non-Metallics
We do not accept dirt/concrete, solid waste, asbestos, wood, fiberglass, plastics, rubber, tires, or glass
- No PCB’s
We do not accept capacitors, televisions, ballasts or microwaves
- No Radioactive Materials
- No Refrigerant-Containing Scrap
You must have certification that refrigerant has been removed or drained
- No Scrap Containing Excessive Trash or Non-Metallic Recyclables
- No Scrap Containing Fluids
All fluids must be drained prior to delivery
- No Tires
We do not accept any tires for recycling
- No Used Oil Filters
WHAT WE TAKE AT THE NON-FERROUS WAREHOUSE
(Drop off located east of customer parking)
Accepted if labeled “No PCBs” or documentation supports that it is less than 50 ppm PCB concentrations
We accept lead-acid only. No NIMH, NiCd, lithium or Absolyte batteries.
- Electronic Scrap (E-scrap)
We accept VCRs, radios, office equipment, copy machines, computers, keyboards, CPUs, printers, circuit boards. No circuit boards or cathode ray tubes